Sunday, July 10, 2011

liliha bakery

The other day, I got to meet up with my friend Len for lunch.

Last year when we met up I wanted to go to Liliha Bakery, but they were closed so we ended up going to Pancakes & Waffles.

This year, we planned things better and went to Liliha Bakery.

The line for a seat at their counter was rather short and we both ordered the loco moco.

First up was their butter roll which was toasted. This came with a fluorescent pink jelly (Not sure as to what fruit makes this jelly but I loved the color of this! It looks red in the photo but it is actually pink!)

The roll is so soft and really REALLY buttery...yummy! Toasted, it is many times better too because of the crisp parts.

The loco moco comes with a large mound of rice, a charred hamburger patty, then smothered with some grilled onions, gravy and then topped with two eggs done as you like.

We both chose over-easy.

Some tabasco and some ketchup and we were good to go.

This was good. I loved the char on the burger. I only wished they came with a little more grilled onions though.

As this is one of Satoshi's favorites, I think he would approve, I need to bring him here the next time we are in Hawaii at the same time.

And before we left I picked up some cocoa puffs to bring home to my parents (one for me too).

It was a great place for lunch and I'm glad I got to try it.

Thanks for a great lunch, Len! it was fun catching up with you.

Liliha Bakery
515 North Kuakini Street
Honolulu, Hawaii
Phone:808.531.1651

10 comments:

Tamakikat said...

I'll be 'going loco' today. After looking at your photos I feel I can taste it already:)

Japan Australia said...

The Loco Moco looks really good and I love it with a runny egg on top!!

Japan Australia

KirkK said...

Oh..... now I want a loco moco....

K and S said...

enjoy your loco day TK :)

Thanks J-A :)

hope you get one Kirk :)

Take care everyone.
Kat

jalna said...

I've never been to Liliha Bakery to eat, only to pick up pastries. I think it's the thought of having to wait in line that turns me off. The food looks great.

Rowena said...

Generous portions on that loco moco and looking so good from my side of the screen. What flavor was the jelly? Not guava? Strawberry?

K and S said...

LOL you may not do too well in Japan then Jalna, there are lines for food all over the place!

I have a feeling it may be lilikoi Rowena, but not too sure.

Take care you two.
Kat

K said...

Oh yum - glad you were able to meet up there this time around!

K and S said...

Thanks K, we definitely had a nice time.

Take care.
Kat

Deb in Hawaii said...

I forgot how bright their jelly is. It's almost a neon pink. ;-)