Friday, November 26, 2010

the day after

First off, MIL will be having skin grafts which will be done over the next two weeks. This is supposed to prevent the area from becoming infected. Apparently her injuries aren't severe just covers a large area. Hopefully it all goes well.

So, what did you have for Thanksgiving? I hope you were able to spend some time with family/friends and had a lot to eat.

As for me, it wasn't a holiday. In fact, most weeknights Satoshi comes home so late that we almost never eat dinner together.

The past week, he has been preparing for a big meeting, leaving work late (midnight) and going to work early (7-ish)...I think he's caught a cold too.

I get up to make him breakfast, but let me tell you, that leaves me very sleep deprived and feeling like I am jet-lagged or have a hangover all day long.

I was definitely in no mood to cook yesterday, so I bought everything.

First off, we received a bottle of Beaujolais Nouveau (thank you!). The Japanese go crazy over this wine every year, dunno why.

After tasting it though, I can probably understand, it is light, very light. Too light for my tastes.

I bought a pupu platter from RF1, a sozai (pre-made) shop in the department stores.

We had roast beef (under that is a nice, chunky potato salad), quiche, ratatouille, grilled veggies, summer roll (w/smoked salmon & cream cheese) & olives.

And a salad with bacon, shrimp and egg.

For dessert, a coronet by Nakata. Flaky with sliced almonds and a delicious custard filling.

Not a feast, but just enough and definitely a nice treat (break from the kitchen).

Hope you have a nice weekend.

6 comments:

jalna said...

Awesome meal Kat!

Rowena said...

I don't get the hype over beaujolais nouveau either. To me it's like juice. Autumn is the time for drinking Amarone, but then I drink anything red that has depth and body.

We be sitting down to dinner in about half hour (it's 6:24pm Thursday as I type this). If I can get flickr to cooperate, will post pics! (I ♥ the summer roll)

Tamakikat said...

Hi ya Kat.

Oh my gosh. The extent of your MIL's injuries really bring home how important first aid knowledge is. It must be really painful for her and really hard for you and Satoshi.

Like the look of your dinner. Nice that department stores can provide such a great variety.

Hope you got a good sleep last night.

TK

K and S said...

Thanks Jalna :)

Looking forward to seeing your meal on Flickr, have a great Thanksgiving Rowena!

She has only been feeling the pain recently TK, I think the feeling in the nerves are returning. :0

Take care everyone!
Kat

Deb in Hawaii said...

Hope your MIL's grafts go well and that she continues to mend. Dinner looks delicious. I ended up lying low for the day but did manage to make a pan of stuffing (my #1 Thanksgiving must) and a little gravy to go with slices of a Safeway turkey breast. Low-key but good. ;-)

K and S said...

sounds like you had a nice Thanksgiving Debinhawaii :)

Take care.
Kat