Saturday, November 27, 2010

iCon chicken

I know it is a couple days after Thanksgiving and you probably don't want to see turkey or chicken but I've had this in my drafts, so I thought I'd post it.

Earlier this year McD's came out with their "American Burgers", which were iffy and when I thought about it seemed like it came out eons ago.

Recently though, they came out with a chicken version called "iCon chicken"....the name itself sounds iffy, doesn't it??

The first one that came out was the Cheese fondue...oozy cheese sauce on a boneless fried chicken patty, lettuce and their ever famous limp bacon...despite the limp bacon, I liked this one.

The second one was their German sausage...a boneless fried chicken patty, a slice of sausage, a slice of cheese, grainy mustard and sauerkraut. I think this one would've been better with either the kraut or the sausage not both...

The third one was Diavolo, which I think means "devil" or something. Anyway it was so spicy, that you couldn't taste anything else...meh!

Lastly was the Carbonara, this had the same oozy cheese sauce as the Cheese fondue with the addition of a scrambled egg.

Overall, if I had to choose, I would eat the cheese fondue one again...maybe.

7 comments:

Dennis K. said...

Cool, you've tried them all! I was wondering about these, I agree the iCon name sounds kinda random. We have two limited time flavors here but I was too uninspired to post about them, nothing like the cool stuff you get there. :(

Helen said...

Thanks for the reviews! I've been wondering about these chicken burgers and was worried I missed something. I don't think I need to now!

Rowena said...

You know, I would actually love to try all of those, but I can just imagine the furor if Diavolo and Carbonara were to appear on the menus here. McItaly already got so much flack when that one showed up!

Kat, have you ever had turducken? I'm thinking that it sounds like a project for next year's Tday but I know that I'll probably have to debone the birds myself.

Deb in Hawaii said...

They always have the most interesting menu items in Japan--too bad they don't taste better though. ;-)

K and S said...

thanks Dennis :) we should compare!

glad to be of help Helen :)

I remember your post on the McItaly Rowena :)

Yeah, but I guess that's why it is fast food, Debinhawaii ;)

Take care everyone.
Kat

jalna said...

Wow! Interesting variety! Your pics make them all look good to me.

K and S said...

thanks Jalna :)

Take care.
Kat