Sunday, November 28, 2010

to me

Have you ever though about what you would tell your twenty-something self now that you have lived through those years?

I saw something similar on Tea's blog and thought I would write a letter to my 20-something year old self too...

Hey Kat,

Who would've thought that when that Japanese conversation teacher told you to change your major in your 3rd year of college (because you'd never be able to speak Japanese) that it would literally change your life?

How you would spend 2 semesters in Japan.

Graduate with a degree in Japanese language (and actually be able to speak Japanese because of studying abroad)?!

Your host-family while studying abroad will play a big role in your learning Japanese and you'll keep in touch with them.

While working for a Japanese tour agency you'll meet your husband, Satoshi.

You and Satoshi will do a lot of travelling. To some places in Japan that even Japanese have not been to, as well as a lot of places outside of Japan.

You'll climb Mt Fuji and will be fortunate to go home to Hawaii every year.

Because you go home every year, you'll be able to spend time with your parents and grandma. Time that you probably would not have if you had to work.

While living in Japan, you'll be able to trace your roots and write out your family tree (mother's sides and father's sides). It will prove to be an interesting experience.

You start a blog (it is a web diary) to keep in touch with family and friends. Who would've thought that people from all over the world read your blog about the food experiences and travel experiences you have in Japan.

It's turned you into a "foodie" and your waistline will suffer for it, but trust me, you will have some amazing food experiences.

So Kat, even if you are only in your twenties now and things seem a bit dreary, don't worry.

Things will be great!

Take care.

Love,
your not so twenty-something self, Kat

8 comments:

Shades of Scorpio said...

What an inspiring idea!!! I think I'll have to keep the torch lit and use it on mine as well. Your blog is always a pleasure to read!

Rowena said...

Ha! This is great, and I would love to do it myself except for one thing....I can't remember my 20-something self. Once you get to the 40-something stage, the memory begins to go even if you still act like a 20-something. At least I still have my sight...eh...well...as long as I can get up close to the small print.

KirkK said...

Hey Kat - That's so very touching..... it really shows how much you've done in your life!

K and S said...

Thanks SoS :) hope you link back to this post!

I don't have my "sight" for the small print Rowena, though I'm too stubborn to use da specs...

Thanks Kirk :)

Take care everyone.
Kat

Deb in Hawaii said...

Love this post. Not sure my 20-something self would listen to me! lol! ;-)

K and S said...

lol Debinhawaii, you should try, you never know :)

Take care.
Kat

Kathy YL Chan said...

ahh love it! this post put a big smile on my face ^_^

K and S said...

glad to send you a smile Kathy :)

Take care.
Kat