Thursday, November 25, 2010

happy thanksgiving

It is Thanksgiving, well, technically it is tomorrow in the States.

We don't celebrate it here in Japan and it isn't a holiday, but I usually try to reflect on the things that I am thankful for.

Here's my thankful list:

1. Having more than enough to eat
2. A roof over my head
3. That Satoshi still has a job
4. Electricity and clean water
5. A lifestyle that is rather stress-free
6. Able to spend time with parents in Hawaii
7. Family (in Japan & Hawaii)
8. Beautiful seasons
9. Good health (well, gotta work on cholesterol and weight...)
10. Friends (in-person & virtual)

What are you thankful for?

Happy Thanksgiving! hope you get to spend it with the people you love.

9 comments:

KirkK said...

Hey Kat - Happy Thanksgiving to the both of you!

Rowena said...

Countdown to Thanksgiving is on as it will officially begin at midnight when I pull the croissants out of the oven (they are supposed to be for breakfast later on).

I am thankful that I'm not one of those having to go through body scans or pat-downs just to fly back home.

K and S said...

thanks Kirk, all the best to you and the Missus!

he he I bet you have some before breakfast Rowena. I've been seeing some horror stories about TSA on the news here...

Have a great Thanksgiving you two.
Kat

Deb in Hawaii said...

What a great list of things to be thankful for! Happy Thanksgiving to you and Satoshi. ;-)

Unknown said...

40 more minutes to Happy Thanksgiving Day here in Hawaii! Hope you had a good day! Thank you for sharing so much about Japan so I can enjoy Japan virtually!

K and S said...

Thanks Debinhawaii & Rick, hope you both have a great Thanksgiving!

Take care.
Kat

jalna said...

Awwww, love your list . . . especially the "virtual friends" part!!

Rowena said...

Well I had one....which didn't really help much because we went to sleep (tried to anyway) with those croissants smelling up the house. Can you imagine trying to sleep with the aroma of freshly baked goods all over the place?

K and S said...

Thanks for being a great "virtual friend" Jalna :)

Man, I would have not been able to sleep Rowena! Must've smelled so ono!

Take care you two.
Kat