Saturday, November 06, 2010

things I'm liking (and disliking)

It's been awhile since I've done a liking (disliking) post...

The other day, I happened to buy some items from 7-11, they were having a drawing, if you bought 700 yen (about US$7) worth of things, you could participate.

So, I pulled out a ticket and won...this tea.

It is a Ginger Chai by Itoen, but the first ingredient is sugar, so I have a feeling it will be really sweet.

I like that I won, but dislike that it will be so sugary.

This soft oreo cookie was more like an angel pie...meh.

Loving the abundance of kinoko (mushrooms)...The other night I sauteed some in olive oil, sake & butter and had it with some bread for dinner...delicious.

I made the chocolate macarons, they didn't turn out too good, some were crispy and some were chewy.

I filled them with peanut butter...the chewy ones were like brownies...yum!

At the moment, we are drinking Marley coffee, I hadn't known about it and came across it while I was in Hawaii.

This coffee is sustainably grown and is made by the late Bob Marley's son, Rohan.

The beans are a little smaller than other coffees I have bought, but the flavor is good. Rich with hints of chocolate.

Right now, we are trying "One Love", a 100% Ethiopian Yirgacheffe, I also have "Buffalo Soldier", a blend of Ethiopian Yirgacheffe paired with grade 1 Indonesian and Central American beans, which I'm also looking forward to trying.

The Mushroom Mozzarella Filone at Starbucks...ooey gooey mozzarella cheese, some chicken, lots of mushroom and some garlic on a crusty baguette...delicious!

The Autumn veggie salad at Fred's Cafe...lots of different Autumn veggies and a delicious caesar salad dressing...good!

Loving the red cups at Starbucks...very festive.

I had a Lavender Earl Grey Latte & Satoshi had their Caramel Steamer.

Cute Hello Kitty bling from Evian...HK is made to look like a drop of water.

Bigot's (bee-go) chestnut danish...a combination of Japanese style sweetened chestnuts and Marron Glace (French style caramelized chestnuts)....delicious.

Cafe Bahnhof's coffees are for the coffee lover, they have many different blends.

Though I wish they wouldn't allow smoking, so that we could enjoy the aroma of the different coffees more.

I first heard of TeaPigs from Jude's blog.

I happened across these at Sony Plaza and picked up their Chai and Darjeeling Earl Grey and love both.

Whoo, this was quite a long post...what are you liking (disliking)?

10 comments:

KirkK said...

Hey Kat - Those mushrooms look great! Congrats on your win..... it's always a great feeling to win something. ;o)

Jude said...

Oooh, I have to check out the Marley tea next time I get a chance in Hawaii! And mmmm, I'd love to taste that sauteed mushroom. I do have an unnatural love for mushrooms and the filone also sounds delish :)

I'm also suddenly in the mood for another cuppa tea! That is awesome you spotted Teapigs tea there! (And so sweet of you to mention me with it:)) What I wouldn't give to just hop over to Japan for a pure food pleasure trip...

Anonymous said...

I love your posts where you cover a variety of new items. Today I'm drooling over the baguette sandwich from Starbucks; I wish they had comparable quality here at the Hawaii Starbucks (IMHO, their pastry quality has gone done quite a bit, more like supermarket quality at this point!).

tinyskillet said...

I don't think it was too long, I enjoyed this post! Thanks for sharing your likes and dislikes. I want to do that on my blog!

Deb in Hawaii said...

Everything looks great. Between your mushrooms and that SBUX sandwich I am now craving sauteed mushrooms. ;-)

K and S said...

Thanks Kirk :)

It is coffee not tea Jude :)

Thanks Anon! the last time I was home I didn't try any items from Starbucks, wasn't willing to pay $2 or $3 for a rice krispie treat.

Good luck with your posting Lyndsey :)

Hope you get your mushroom fix Debinhawaii :)

Take care everyone.
Kat

Rowena said...

Heehee..right now I'm liking all the pirated copies of Bourdain's show that are uploaded on youtube. I finally watched the Rome episode! Yummmmmmmmm!

K and S said...

Glad you were able to watch the Rome episode Rowena, I should really search around to view more online :)

Take care.
Kat

K said...

Aww, I love the HK charm! Congrats on winning something!

K and S said...

K, it is cute :)

Take care.
Kat