Tuesday, November 06, 2012

biscoff spread

Am finally jumping on the biscoff spread wagon.

I've seen so many people posting on biscoff spread that I finally picked up a jar when I was in Hawaii.

It is good, creamy with that "spicy" flavor that the cookies have.

But you know what is even better?

When you crumble some biscoff cookies on top. (There is actually a crunchy version of the spread, but none to be found here in Japan.)

I think it gives the flavor a little more "oomph" and a nice crunch.

6 comments:

K said...

Ooh, yum, I love the idea of adding extra flavor and texture!

genkitummy said...

I'm glad you got to try it and you like it! That's a great idea to sprinkle crushed cookies on top of the spread. I now I have to search for those cookies!

K and S said...

it is different but delicious K!

Thanks Genki :) hope you find some of those cookies.

Take care you two.
Kat

Rowena said...

Biscoff hasn't reached our shores yet. Is it supposed to be a combination of words? like biscuit and coffee? or biscotti and coffee?

Nami | Just One Cookbook said...

I've never tried Biscoff or Nutella when I was in Japan. Maybe Nutella without realizing it's Nutella?

I always wonder if crepe in Japan use Nutella.. if so then I had it before without realizing what it is. Maybe we call it hazelnut cream or something?? I remember there was a Japanese brand package saying something about hazelnut.

Anyway, I still love Nutella best, and occasionally eat biscoff spread. :)

K and S said...

I googled and apparently it is biscuit & coffee, Rowena :) Hope you can get some of this stuff soon!

Yeah I think nutella is hazelnut cream in Japan, Nami :) though these days the import markets do sell Nutella!

Take care you two.
Kat