Friday, November 09, 2012

gobo salad

So, you've made the Kabayaki Sauce, and made the donburi with the grilled eggplant, but you're still left with some (a lot) of the sauce, what else can you do with it?

How about making some gobo salad?! Previously I gave you this recipe.

With a little additions, you can make a nice creamy sesame dressing from the kabayaki sauce, here's how.

1/2 teaspoon ground black sesame seeds
1 tablespoon kabayaki sauce
2 tablespoons mayonnaise

Mix everything well.

NOTES: I boiled the gobo for 10 minutes then cooled it.

In a bowl, I added the gobo, cooked broccoli, sliced red bell peppers and tomatoes.

Drizzled some of the dressing over the whole salad.

Delicious.

p.s. I am bummed that I had to throw out half a bottle of Best Foods mayo, it was only over the expiry date by a little over a year...it smelled rancid so I didn't want to take any chances...I thought mayo lasted semi-forever?!

p.p.s. It is Friday here, I hope you have a nice weekend!

7 comments:

jalna said...

Oooohhh, looks good!!

KirkK said...

Nice follow-up recipe Kat! Now I gotta make this...

K and S said...

Thanks Jalna :)

Thanks Kirk, hope you like this :)

Take care you two.
Kat

Rowena said...

Good call on tossing out the mayo. I thought mayo lasted a long time too. Gonna check out the kabayaki sauce.

K and S said...

was totally bummed as it cost a pretty penny, Rowena...

Take care.
Kat

K said...

Yum, looks colorful and tasty!

K and S said...

Thanks K!

Take care.
Kat