Sunday, November 11, 2012

on the lanai

It was a little over a month that I gave you an update on what was happening on my lanai.

Since then, the Cilantro and Italian parsley has gotten bigger.

This photo was taken at sunrise, so the lighting is a little orangey.

I also planted 2 beets and 2 chard.

I can't tell which is which though...guess I'll have to wait and see.

On sunny days, I take off the plastic sheet I have over these pots. Then cover them before the sun goes down.

What's happening where you are?

p.s. today is Pocky Day!

9 comments:

2kamuela47 said...

Nice! Glad you are able to grow some of your own items. Nothing much going on here but it's going to be a trade wind kind of day. :)

K and S said...

enjoy your weekend Laura :)

Take care.
Kat

Nami | Just One Cookbook said...

I live in America where we actually have a backyard. Yet nothing grows in my backyard because deer and all kinds of animals eat them all. xD How nice to see some growth!

K and S said...

ooh yeah I forgot you had deer in your backyard Nami!

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

Your plants are looking good even at that stage. My beets, cilantro and swiss chard are simply going nowhere with the cold, so I guess I'll be hanging up the gardening gloves til next spring.

K and S said...

I think the latitude of Osaka is about the same as the bottom of your "boot", Rowena, which is probably why I have better luck with stuff like cilantro. Hopefully this time around I will actually have "orbs" of beets.

You take care.
Kat

K said...

Fingers crossed that these all grow and you get good use out of them in your dishes!

KirkK said...

Nice to see your green thumb at work again Kat!

K and S said...

hope so too K!

Thanks Kirk!

Take care you two.
Kat