Sunday, November 04, 2012

seafood memories

The other day Satoshi and I were talking about some of our past trips.

"Sencho no ie" literally means captain's house.

This pension near Lake Saroma in Hokkaido was a place we visited in 2002 (pre-blog), a place where Satoshi also visited in his university days.

The dinner was amazing.

3 tables full of crab, shrimp, fish...you name it, it was on the table, cooked and served in all sorts of ways (hot pot, raw, just to name a few)...this was all for the 2 of us.

I remember there were other families enjoying their seafood on many tables as well.

Even if I couldn't finish my half, Satoshi finished it for me.

Hope we can go back there again someday.

8 comments:

KirkK said...

Oooh, nice food memories! Hope you get to revisit someday soon.

K and S said...

I hope so too Kirk!

Take care.
Kat

K said...

I hope you get to revisit it soon!

K and S said...

me too K!

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

Yep, you'll just have to go back so we can see some pictures! ♥ seafood.

K and S said...

If we go back, there will definitely be video, Rowena :p

Take care.
kat

Rinshinomori said...

Is the season for crab months with r in it starting in September (best around December) through April in Hokkaido too? We are planning to return to Hokkaido again but in the summer months. I would love to try this inn.

K and S said...

I am not too sure, Rinshinomori, but I think we went in September. I hope you like this place if you go :)

Take care.
Kat