Monday, December 24, 2018

buying shoes

I wanted to share my experience buying shoes for Satoshi's nephew's wedding.

I had found a pair that I really liked but the department store we were at didn't have my size.

So, the salesperson went online and checked out where the same model and size I was interested in was available.

It turned out that a totally different department store had the same model and size I was interested in.

I was amazed because who would send their customer to a rival department store?!

I was amazed because the salesman let me wear these slippers (see photo above) while he put "no slide" inserts in my shoes (for free!)

Of course the pair of shoes cost a very pretty penny...(and I'll probably need to wear them everyday next Spring to get good use out of them)

But, Japanese service is definitely top notch.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree about Japan's service. When my GF broke her foot a couple of years ago, I asked the concierge at Shinagawa Prince if I could rent a wheelchair since Google had shown that they had wheelchairs available. Prince's concierge said they couldn't because their wheelchairs could not leave their property since I was staying a a different hotel chain nearby. But, the 2 concierge spent about 4 hours trying to track down a rental company or store where I could purchase a wheelchair. I wasn't even a guest of the hotel!
v

K and S said...

definitely different Jalna :)

that was so cool V.

Take care you two.
Kat

KirkK said...

Great service! The Missus can't wait to get back to Hawaii since they usually have the brands she likes (i.e. Jimmy Choo/Valentino) in her size in stock.

Rowena said...

years ago my brother stayed in Japan one night while enroute to China, and I distinctly remember him telling me that the service he got from the help desk at the airport and also at the hotel he was staying at was unbelievably courteous and helpful.

K and S said...

nice Kirk :)

that is so nice Rowena!

Take care you two.
Kat