Friday, December 14, 2018

onaga

If you click on the photo, you might be able to see the bird with a rather long blue tail. (sorry my picture is blurry)

Apparently it is called "onaga" in Japanese... (Azure winged magpie in English)...by the way, onaga in hawaiian is the word for the long tail red snapper fish

It is the first time for me to see one of these and I was surprised at how long it was hanging out on this tree while looking for bugs to eat (I went to the coin laundry and the onaga was still on the tree as I walked back home!)

5 comments:

Rowena said...

it certainly isn't a bird that I'd expect to see in the city (we get pidgeons!), so lucky you got to see one.

jalna said...

Pretty!!

Anonymous said...

I wonder if it escaped from someone's house. So cool to see something unusual like this.
v

Anonymous said...

ooh pretty bird - I'm a bird lover so I love seeing all different birdies -N

K and S said...

definitely happy to discover this one, Rowena!

it really was Jalna!

I wondered too, V, because it was on that tree for so long!

N, so different, yeah?

Take care everyone!
Kat