Sunday, December 30, 2018

10 photos

Can you believe I've been doing this meme for 10 years now?! I started back in 2008 and now it is a nice way to look back at my kitchen adventures.

Aaloo Masala, a tasty potato salad-like side dish.

Borscht was a new way to use beets.

Chicken Gyoza, super easy and perfect in soup.

Saba Tartare-style, tasty and perfect with crackers or baguette.

Curry Okayu, perfect for cold mornings and easy if you have the "porridge" button on your rice cooker.

Tataki Kyuuri, a tasty and great way to get your stress out.

Momotaro Tomato Suzuke, inspired by the TV show "Kodoku no Gurume", this slightly puckery side dish is perfect for the humidity of summer in Japan.

Taiwan Soy Milk Soup, this soup takes a bit of work, but is nice when you are tired of eating out.


Maangchi's Braised Lotus
, I love her recipes, so easy and tasty.

Aunty Misao's Saba Patties, I'm glad I finally tried this recipe, so good.

I'm amazed with all that has happened this year that I still had enough adventures in the kitchen to write up this meme.

Hope your year in the kitchen was a good one!

5 comments:

jalna said...

Happy 10-year Meme Anniversary!

KirkK said...

Time sure does fly. Happy tenth Kat!

K and S said...

Thanks Jalna!

It sure does Kirk :)

Take care you two.
Kat

Rowena said...

I give you credit for keeping up with the meme and also the books. 2018 was just so...bleah, so many things that I cannot forget or "un-see"!

K and S said...

Thanks Rowena, this Flickr thingy is taking up more time than I'd like.

Take care!
Kat