Monday, December 10, 2018

okita seimai

I had gone to Hatanodai station to visit Otto Pan, to see if they were selling stollen...they weren't...boo!

So as I was walking towards Nagahara, I stumbled upon Okita Seimei.

This shop has been in business since 1921! selling rice.

Then, when the 4th generation took the business over, besides rice, they started selling bento and sweets made from rice.

Their tenmusu (short for tempura musubi) is a tempura shrimp drizzled with a little soy based sauce then wrapped with rice and nori....I should have bought more.

Namasu and sunomono were delicious as well.

I also bought millet ohagi...cooked millet covered with kinako (soy bean powder)...so good!

While I was standing in line, a lady, a few customers ahead of me received coupons for the shopping arcade...as she was leaving, she asked me if I could to use her coupons.

Since I don't live in the area, I thought it would be wasteful to accept it so I refused.

Then after I purchased my bento and was walking through the shopping arcade, another lady, who was the customer in line in front of me, stopped me to ask if I could use those similar coupons, I thanked her but told her I don't live in the area...so funny yeah?!

They had so many okazu (prepared foods) to choose from, I'll be back when I am in the area.

Okita Seimai
4-6-3 Hatanodai
Shinagawa, Tokyo
Phone: 03.3781.6557
Closed Sundays, Mondays & Holidays
Hours: 9:00-20:00

4 comments:

Rowena said...

too bad about the lack of stollen. I am working on getting into baking mode, but this flickr thingy - grrrrrr!

K and S said...

am trying to do as much as I can with this flickr thingy before year end comes Rowena...am gonna check for pannetone sometime this week :)

take care!
Kat

KirkK said...

That tenmusu looks really good Kat! Sorry that you didn't get any stollen though. ;o)

K and S said...

hope to go back for that tenmusu soon Kirk :)

Take care.
Kat