Saturday, December 01, 2018

shinjuku

Spent most of Tuesday with V and K.

Since their flight back to Hawaii wasn't until almost midnight, they had lots of time to kill after check-out.

We first walked part of Kita-Shinagawa, which Satoshi and I first explored back in May.

Then we took the Yamanote line to Shinjuku, where we had V's favorite tonkatsu at Katsukura.

The yuba wrapped veggies (cut into pieces) were delicious.

While the chestnut mushroom croquette (not cut) didn't really have much chestnut in it.

Talk about kanak attack afterwards...for those of you who don't know what that is, kanak (kah-nack) attack is when you eat way too much then feel super sleepy afterwards...(thank you again for lunch)

V and K did some shopping and then we went to check out Shinjuku Gyoen.

A huge park literally in the middle of the city.

There is a small admission fee, but it is worth it.

It was my first time here and I look forward to maybe braving the crowds for cherry blossom season (maybe).

I'm glad we got to spend more time together and got most of V's shopping done.

I hope they enjoyed their trip and had a safe trip back to Hawaii.

Katsukura
Shinjuku Takashimaya 14F
Hours: 11:00-23:00
Open when Takashimaya is

Shinjuku Gyoen
11 Naitomachi
Shinjuku, Tokyo
Hours: 09:00-16:30 (Entry until 16:00)
Closed Monday (if Monday is a national holiday, closed the next day), New Year's (Dec. 29th-Jan. 3rd)

6 comments:

jalna said...

This totally made me smile 'cause I know V is the master omiyage shopper! Glad you got to spend time with her. She's one of my favorite people.

K and S said...

Jalna, V pretty much knows what she wants to buy, so most times looking for what she wants is pretty fast :)

Take care!
Kat

KirkK said...

Lovely photos of autumn colors Kat! And it's good to know you had enough to eat! ;o)

Rowena said...

even if I don't know who she is, I would have loved to see what V bought!

Anonymous said...

LOL, limited in what I bought because I forgot my charge card with no foreign transaction fee at home so didn't want to use the other card at 3.5% fee.
I didn't know Shinjuku Park was closed on Mondays. Interesting. I guess it's so huge, they need time to do major upkeep without throngs of people around.
I bet it would be way less crowded than Ueno during hanami. I hope you go and post pictures!
v

K and S said...

Rowena, you would've enjoyed seeing what she bought :)

lol V...next time don't forget the CC with no foreign transaction fees :)

Take care you two.
Kat