Tuesday, December 04, 2018

stivale

Walking to the Nagahara station after buying the dried fruit yokan, I stumbled upon Stivale, a tiny shop that makes Italian style foods.

I picked up their marinated eringi (oyster mushrooms) in a balsamic vinaigrette.

There were also some sun dried tomatoes in there too.

Delicious.

I used it to top some steamed broccoli.

I hope to go back to try their pannetone.

And on their website, I also noticed they have a restaurant, so I hope to go back and try them soon.

Stivale
1-8-9 Kamiikedai
Ota, Tokyo
Phone: 03.3727.7343
Hours: 11:00-22:00

7 comments:

Rowena said...

they sell their panettone in those humongous and/or tiny slices? we already went through 1 huge loaf...cannot resist. xmas holidays is bad for sane eating.

jalna said...

Yummm. I love mushrooms.

K and S said...

Rowena, Humongous round "loaves"...there is also a place called Bicerin from Torino in Shinjuku and their panettone was 5000 yen for one of those large round loaves! by the slice was 800 yen?!eep!

Jalna, I love mushrooms too :)

Take care you two.
Kat

KirkK said...

Mushroom and a bit of sweetness and acidity; that's always a good combination.

K and S said...

I think so too Kirk :)

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

5000 yen yikes!!!!!

K and S said...

That's what I thought too Rowena!

Take care.
Kat