Saturday, December 22, 2018

stivale

I went back to Stivale to buy their panettone...500 yen (plus tax).

Panettone is an eggy bread filled with fruits and nuts.

I was impressed when I cut this in half....look at how large the fruit pieces are?!

My mom would always wait for Costco or Sam's to bring in their panettone from Italy(?) only to be disappointed by the teeny bits of fruit in them.

After posting about buying the panettone on Instagram, Rowena said that they eat it with marscapone cheese.

I didn't have marscapone but did have cream cheese so, that is how we had ours.

I look forward to getting this again next Christmas.

2 comments:

Rowena said...

we haven't even busted into the tub of mascarpone because we're hooked on stollen! gotta make it one more time but with MORE stuff inside, and to make that sort of hump on top. gonna give the panettone to my pop-in-law.

K and S said...

Thanks Kirk :)

Rowena...whoa?! thought you would've been through with your mascarpone already!

Take care you two.
Kat