Sunday, December 16, 2018

meguro river illumination

Before V left Japan, she mentioned she was trying to find the Meguro River Illumination.

During the Spring, the Meguro River is a popular area for cherry blossoms, which I think they light up too.

But, during this time of year, apparently they use pink lights to give the impression of cherry blossoms....

Click the link here to see a very short video.

It turned out that it was the Meguro River, but only in the area between Gotanda and Osaki stations.

Satoshi and I thought the amount of people were quite sparse.

They did have three igloo type huts with kotatsu (heated tables) for people to sit in...I couldn't find any info though on how someone could use them though.

I really liked this blue tree near the Osaki station.

Thanks for telling me about this V!

I'm glad we got a chance to check it out.

3 comments:

Rowena said...

omigarsh those igloo huts! i gotta find!!!!

KirkK said...

Pretty lights!

K and S said...

Rowena, just get MotH to build you one :)

It was Kirk :)

Take care you two.
Kat