Monday, December 03, 2018

wagashi asobi

I have seen the big posters of Wagashi Asobi's dried fruit yokan from the train line we ride and finally got a chance to try it.

Dried figs and dried strawberries are soaked in rum then are placed with walnuts in a dense, smooth sweet bean paste.

This actually goes nicely with wine.

The owner also suggests eating it with cream cheese and bread.

I hope to try this way of eating it soon.

The owner was so nice to also let me try his rosemary rakugan.

Rakugan is a hard candy made with rice flour and sugar....kind of like eating a sugar cube but firmer.

This also went nicely with wine.

I think this yokan would be nice to give to friends who enjoy wine/whisky.

I'll be back.

Wagashi Asobi
1-31-1 Kamiikedai
Ota, Tokyo
Phone: 03.3748.3539
Hours: 10:00-17:00

6 comments:

jalna said...

I just watched an NHK show on how they make kanten and yokan . . . a lot of work.

K and S said...

just to make the sweet bean paste takes lots of time, Jalna :o

Take care!
Kat

Rowena said...

that looks so awesome and goes on my shopping list for Japan.

K and S said...

let me know when you are coming Rowena, so I can get you some :)

Take care!
Kat

KirkK said...

That looks good!

K and S said...

different from the wagashi you probably have tried Kirk :)

Take care!
Kat