Saturday, December 15, 2018

on the lanai

Back in October, I got the krazy idea to try planting radish.

After most of my plants died after the blazing summer, I planted the radish seeds in four pots.

I figured if they didn't grow, I'd at least have a lot of radish greens for our soups.

Well, I think they did pretty well.

I should've thinned out the sprouts like the directions had said...

Since I didn't thin them out, I ended up with all sorts of sizes and shapes.

I turned them into pickles which we tried with breakfast the other morning.

I washed the greens and froze them for our soups in the coming weeks.

I still have more seeds and will definitely try growing these again in the Spring.

5 comments:

jalna said...

I think that's so amazing!!

K and S said...

Jalna, it was so easy too :)

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

great idea for the greens alone, and I should grow them in pots too -- the slugs always destroy most of them when grown in the ground.

KirkK said...

Looks good Kat. In nature; things aren't created all the same size and shape!

K and S said...

I am thankful for no slugs Rowena :)

so true Kirk :)

Take care you two.
Kat